Friday, July 17, 2009

3.15.09

a fire i haven't seen in so long
the excitement slowly building
wrapped up with you i found comfort i didn't think i'd feel again
i'm surrounded by your little treasures
i always have a piece of you with me, to hold while i sleep
every time i challenge your heart you come back at me to prove my fear wrong
you've shown me that you're not here to use me or kick me around, like everyone before
even when i doubt you and throw your kindness back in your face
you catch me without knowing, as i knock myself down again
i've tried to stay cautious and keep my heart safe
and i never lose sight of all you have at stake

i know that when everything else fades away you care,
i feel it in your arms, your hands tracing my legs
in the words from your mouth and your eyes
you've changed me
my heart pieced back together

you're unsure and want to follow god's plan
and i'll never push you
just don't deny what we have

No comments:

Post a Comment